Friday, August 1, 2014

Vinnie's Weekly Haul: August 1, 2014

Another week, another trip to the comic shop and beyond.


This was a pretty big week for me as far as comics go, picking up 19 different titles. Have I read anything yet? Hell no, these comics are going to be added to the pile on my desk that's at least 50 deep. I think I may have a problem...

So here's what I bought:


  • All-New Ghost Rider #5
  • Avengers #33
  • Avengers World #10
  • Batman Eternal #17
  • Chew Warrior Chicken Poyo #1
  • Cyclops #3
  • Detective Comics Annual #3
  • Guardians of the Galaxy #17
  • Hawkeye #19
  • The Manhattan Projects #22
  • New Avengers #21
  • Original Sin #3.3
  • Red Sonja #0
  • Secret Avengers #6
  • Uncanny Avengers #22
  • Uncanny X-Men #24
  • The Wake #10
  • X-Men #17
Goddamn that's a long list.


Since last week was Batman Week, Amazon was selling the Ultimate Dark Knight Collection for 60% off, so I picked it up. It's a pretty good set, has all three movies plus special features, an art book, a pretty nice, yet inconveniently sized hardcover that houses the blu-rays, five mini villain posters, and replica models of the tumbler, bat-pod, and bat wing. All in all it was a great deal for one of the best comic book movie trilogies to date.


I also stumbled across a 7" Boba Fett from Hasbro's Star Wars: The Black Series line of action figures. I haven't seen one of these in the wild, or at a reasonable price online, in months, so I snatched this bad boy up as soon as I saw it on the shelf. Haven't opened it yet but I will eventually, probably when I find space for it.

And that's it for this week. As always, I'm interested to see what the next week will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment