Monday, August 18, 2014

Star Wars Lego: I think I have a problem

If you know me, you know that after I watched The Lego Movie I hit the Lego wagon pretty hard. And If you don't know me, well, now you know that I hit the Lego wagon pretty hard. I'm not quite sure how many hundreds of dollars or hundreds of hours I've spent on Lego, but in the long run, at least I'm not spending it on drugs.

Seriously though, I have a butt ton of Lego. Especially Star Wars Lego.


I don't even think this is half of the Star Wars sets that I actually own, and it's probably a quarter of the total Lego sets I have. I wasn't kidding when I said I might have a problem. And let's not forget the minifigures. I decided to organize my Star Wars minifigures not too long ago. Basically had to go through this before I could neatly put them away.


Just a heads up, the Lego after market is a bitch. If you look long enough you'll be able to find retired sets and minifigures at a decent price, but it's not easy. 

My hint: go for used sets. You'll usually be able to find a set used at a good price, especially if you don't mind that the box of minifigures don't come with it. But it can bite you in the ass. I bought Boba Fett's Slave-1 used, and it came with missing pieces thanks to a moron who didn't think sticking a bunch of loose pieces in a flimsy box would be a problem.


But thanks to websites like Brick Link, I was able to get what I needed to complete this bad buy, save a few stickers. 

And if you looked at the picture of my ships and realized, "hey, one of these things is not like the other," you're right. 


This is one of the only Extended Universe ships I have, the Z-95 Headhunter. I don't know much about it, other than it was in the Clone Wars cartoon and featured in the Star Wars comic written by Brian Wood. I think it's supposed to be a precursor to the X-Wing and looks pretty similar to the Episode VII X-Wing

So that's a quick tour of the Star Wars Lego I have. Hope you enjoyed a brief look into the insanity that is my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment