Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Mixeltility!!!

For the past month I've been featuring Mixels here on my blog. While I've loved Series 1 and 2, with the exception of the fantastic Spikels, I wasn't a big fan of Series 3. But regardless of the actual build, the amount of ball joints, the interesting colors used, and the variety of pieces made the Mixels worth the purchase.

I didn't care for the Wiztastics, the Glorp Corp was only so-so, and their Max Mixels didn't do much to change my opinions on the sets, so I decided to scrap the original design, break them down, and build them back up... as my own creations.

When building these, I only set one guideline for myself: use only the pieces that came from each tribe. In other words, purple with purple, green with green. I ran into to some trouble early on because of this, but with a little time and patience, I was able to come up with the two builds you see pictured below.

My new robot friends

Strike a pose!
I like how the wings turned out

The knee joint locks into place, keeping it from falling over
Look at him go!

Wasn't sure what to do with the tendrils

He can actually hold on to something

With all said and done, I'm pretty happy with the way these turned out. The great thing is that although they feel and look great now, I'm pretty sure I can improve upon them with the pieces I have left over (and there were a good amount of extras).

I liked the other Max Mixels, so I'm on the fence about breaking them all down to build more robots, but it could happen. I guess it all depends on how bored I am and what sets I purchase moving forward, since I've already built all my Classic Star Wars sets.

But stay tuned. Sometime later this month I plan on picking up the Creator MINI Cooper and the Volkswagen T1 Camper Van, so the reviews should follow shortly after.

No comments:

Post a Comment