Monday, October 27, 2014

The Lego Mini T1 Campervan

So last week I posted about finally getting my hands on the Lego Creator Volkswagen T1 Campervan. Around the same time, I decided to finally build the Mini MINI Cooper polybag that was released around the same time as the full size version. Which got me thinking: if Lego released a mini MINI Cooper, did they release a mini Campervan?

Turns out they did.

Ooooh, crinkly
Last year. #SadFace

So I hit google, which led me to ebay, which led me to spending $30 on a Lego polybag that consisted of 76 pieces.

Woohoo -_-

But I wanted it, because I get anal about having some things, so I guess I can't really complain.

Pieces!
Opening the polybag didn't reveal anything super surprising, but I wasn't expecting the Volkswagen logo to be a sticker. I know they're pretty rare, but you can't fault me for wishing for a printed piece.

Slick
So I got to building, and I have to say, I really enjoyed the finished product. Being 76 pieces, it's a pretty simple build, and I love that Lego actually used clear pieces instead of nothing for the windows.

A closer look
If I had one complaint, it would be the lack of seats on the interior. Lego included these pieces for the windows, they could've tossed one or two solid pieces for the interior.

Anyway, that's the Mini T1 Campervan. I wish I was aware of it last year (probably would've saved me $30) but I'm not upset I got it.

And now that I've built this little guy, it might finally be time to rip into his older brother.

I shall call him, Mini Me

No comments:

Post a Comment