Friday, October 24, 2014

Too many Legos, not enough time

So I got super excited today because I was finally gonna start building Lego Creator Volkswagen T1 Camper Van


It's a set I've wanted for a while, and after spending the last couple months surrounded by Mixels and Star Wars sets, I was really looking forward to this build. Then I opened the box. 

And this came pouring out. 


Just bag after bag of unnumbered Lego. 


You're probably wondering why I'm upset. Well, I'm not upset. Not really. I'm just a bit disheartened. 

While I don't mind having to sort through fifteen or so bags of pieces, I don't really have that much free time. Some people might say following the instructions or dealing with numbered or labeled bags takes the fun out of building, and it kinda does, but I love the convenience of knowing where the prices I need are coming from. 

Having labeled bags keeps things organized, and more importantly, let's me build at my own pace. And instead of starting this build today and finishing when I can, I'll have to wait until I have the time to build it in one go. 

Will it be fun? Yes. But convenient? No way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment