Wednesday, October 8, 2014

So they're finally releasing a Rocket Raccoon... Kinda

When Guardians of the Galaxy was released back in August, and I finally got a feel for what was going on in their Lego sets, I blasted Lego because the only place we could get Rocket Raccoon in his Ravager/Guardians outfit was through an over-priced San Diego Comic Con exclusive that later became ridiculously over-priced as it hit eBay.  And since it didn't seem Lego would be releasing any more Guardians sets featuring this minifigure, I resigned myself to being without it. 

But it looks like someone at Lego finally listened to the internet's complaints, as they'll be releasing a Ravager-garbed Rocket Raccoon Toys R Us polybag exclusive.



Thanks to this eBay listing posted to Reddit, this came to my attention. And I must say, while I'm pretty excited this minifigure is being released, I'm a little disappointed in how it's happening. 

I'm just not looking forward to overpaying for something just so I can get this minifigure that I desperately want. And I'm not talking about the standard price of Lego, I'm talking about the fact that Toys R Us loves to mark up the price of what they sell. It's pretty damn ridiculous to walk into my local TRU, and see an X-Wing that sells on Lego.com for $59.99 jacked up to $79.99. Or the "hot" price of the Lego Movie Super Secret Police Dropship being listed at MSRP. It just really annoys me when I see this, and when I see people fall for their pricing structure. I know TRU price matches, and that's pretty much the only reason I occasionally shop there. But generally, I walk in and just feel like I'm getting ripped off. And I hate that feeling. 

So will I be buying whatever it is that will get me this polybag? 

Most likely. Hopefully it comes packaged with the GotG blu-ray and won't cost an arm and a leg. 

But will I like doing it? 

Probably not. 

I'm part of the problem. I accept that. 

But it still pretty much sucks nard. 

1 comment:

  1. SEGA Titanium - Titanium Arts
    SEGA titanium white paint is a polished titanium leading supplier of high-performance electronic titanium bicycle games. Developed in 1997, our unique system titanium hair trimmer as seen on tv is a hypoallergenic titanium earrings premium-grade gaming console that

    ReplyDelete