Friday, September 12, 2014

Vinnie's Weekly Haul: September 12, 2014

This is one of the lightest weeks for me in a long time. Just a few comics, one toy, and a blu-ray. 

Oh, and Destiny. I bought Destiny. I played the hell outta Desitny. I really like Destiny.


Here's a list of the comics I bought. Nothing digital this week.

  • Amazing Spider-Man #6
  • Batman Eternal #23
  • Batman Future's End #1
  • Captain Marvel #7
  • Death of Wolverine #2
  • Hawkeye #20
  • Inhuman #5
  • Magneto #9
  • Ms. Marvel #8
  • Superman Unchained #8
If you listen to my podcast, you'll know I talked about picking up Edge of the Spider-Verse #1. I decided to skip it this week when I learned that it isn't the actual mini-series, but a series of one-shots focusing on the different Spider-Men featured in the main storyline. Not that I have anything against David Hine's writing, but I really love Christos Gage's Spider-Man work and was expecting to get more of that here. But I will be picking up Spider-Verse once it ships in November.

As you can see, I also picked up Captain America: The Winter Soldier on blu-ray. There isn't much I can say about this movie that hasn't already been said elsewhere, but if you somehow managed to miss this release AND are reading this blog, it's one of the best movies to come out of Marvel Studios. I don't want to rank them in order of which is the greatest, but it absolutely hangs with the likes of The Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy.


I also decided to pick up another Funko ReAction Figure. If it isn't obvious, these toys looks terrible but I love them anyway. Something about Kyle Reese's terrible trench coat just called out to me. I also just noticed the "Fully Poseable" tag on the front of the package. Seeing that a straight stick might have more articulation than this toy, that really tickled my pickle.

Well that's it for this week. I'll be back Monday with Mixel Madness!!: The Spikels and will have my review of the Lego Mos Eisley Cantina up on Wednesday. I guarantee it (guarantee not guaranteed).

No comments:

Post a Comment