Monday, December 1, 2014

The 24 Days of Lego Christmas

So a couple weeks ago, in my infinite wisdom, I completely under estimated the demand for the Lego Advent Calendars, thinking I could waltz right in to a Lego store and just grab one off the shelf. Well, I was wrong. Turns out they sell out rather quickly. But the nice sales associate advised me that while they've been sold out for a while, I should check Target or Toys R Us, since they tend to still have some after Lego sells out (which somewhat baffles me, but a limited run is a limited run, I suppose). Thus, I found myself at Toys R Us, where I bought the last Advent Calendar they had in stock.

Yay!
Now I'm not particularly religious, much to the chagrin of my parents, but I do know that Advent is a celebration of the time spent waiting for the Nativity of Jesus. And that's great, but since I pretty much celebrate Christmas as a secular holiday, and I have this nifty little blog here, and despite Advent technically starting November 30th, I decided to do something a little different with my calendar.

So I present to you The 24 Days of Lego Christmas!

Every day leading up to Christmas, I will be opening and posting a picture of the gift I received on my Instagram using the hashtags "#LegoAdvent" and "#24DaysOfLego" in celebration of the fact that I love Lego. And I implore you, gentle reader, to join in on the fun by posting along with me.


I'll also be posting a round up of my pictures every Friday (and hopefully some of yours too), and adding to my Lego Advent diorama until the 24th, when everything will be completed.


Throughout the month of December, I'll also be posting reviews for the Christmas/Winter themed Lego sets I've picked up for this year. I'm really excited to get these built and set up some place in my house, so I can't wait.

So follow me on Instagram @regularvince and post using the hashtags #Lego Advent and #24DaysOfLego to get in on the festivities!

No comments:

Post a Comment