Friday, December 5, 2014

Day 1-5 of Lego Advent

A few days ago, I kicked off the 24 Days of Lego Christmas on Instagram to coincide with my opening of the Lego Advent Calendar, which is sadly sold out pretty much everywhere. Turns out Lego releases these things in September for a reason. Go figure.

Anyway, I've been posting pictures of the Advent gifts on Instagram using the hashtags #24DaysOfLego and #LegoChristmas, and it looks like a good amount of people are doing the same, which is pretty neat to see.

So let's take a look at what this year's gifts are.

On Day 1, I pulled out this little guy.



For the sake of the narrative I have going on in my head, I called him Jimmy.

Well, it looks like little Jimmy has his letter to Santa Claus ready to go, which is great, because Day 2's gift was a mail box.


Which curiously came with a frog as a decoration. I'm still not sure why the frog is there, but it's a silly little addition that I really enjoyed getting.

Day 3 gave us the gift of a snowman.


Complete with a cute little bowler hat. The head of the snowman was a plain white minifigure head, and while I wish there was a printed face on it, like coal eyes and a mouth, it still looks good regardless, so I can't really complain.

On Day 4 we were gifted something of a counter scene.


With two mugs, great for coffee or hot cocoa, and a mini pie.

And on Day 5


We got a baker that I've named Janice, complete with a freshly baked croissant to fill all those Lego tummies.

So that's it's for the first week of the 24 Days of Lego Christmas. Next week Friday will be a bigger update, since I'll be going through Days 6-12, so there'll be seven full days of gifts. And the pictures may be getting more complicated as I'll have more to play around with.

See you guys next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment