Monday, December 15, 2014

Lego Review: 40059 Santa's Sleigh

It's Monday, so that means another review of a smaller holiday set is going up. This time I'll be talking about the 40059 Santa's Sleigh.


This was a polybag that was available from November to December of 2013, at least here in the States. Now since I really didn't get into Lego until earlier this year, I didn't buy this when it was released. But thanks to different online communities, I was able to pick this up relatively cheap. 

Opening the poly reveals nothing out of the ordinary, just a variety of pieces waiting to be piled up and sorted through. And, of course, the instructions are there. 


In the rubble we find these two guys: Santa Claus and his helper. Santa is based on older minifigures, so it looks like he's wearing pajamas as opposed to his Santa outfit, but he's still recognizable as jolly ol' St. Nick.  I don't know why I initially thought that was Mrs. Claus, maybe it was the gray hair and glasses. I'm also assuming it's an elf, based on his shorter legs. 


Being that the set is only 77 pieces, it doesn't take that long to build, and it's certainly not difficult to put together. Since I built it fairly close to the Santa's Workshop set, which I'll be reviewing soon, it was neat to see how the design of the reindeer had changed in the past year. I guess they had to do something a little different to justify the $70 price tag on the new set. 


All in all, this is a nice polybag, but since it's no longer available at MSRP, I wouldn't go out of my way to pick it up, especially if you already have the Santa's Workshop set. That being said, if you can get this on the cheap, it'll be a nice addition to your holiday Legos. 


No comments:

Post a Comment