Monday, December 8, 2014

Lego Review: 40058 Decorating the Tree

Keeping up with the holiday theme for the month of December, this review is for the Lego 40058 Decorating the Tree seasonal polybag. Now this exclusive has been sold out from Lego since January of 2014, but Toys R Us apparently has them in stock on their online store, and rumor has it that they will begin carrying them on brick and mortar shelves come December 14th.

I actually traded an extra mini Mini Cooper for this polybag, because I didn't know this until after I got it.


Which kinda explains why the poly is extra crinkly. Not that you're really that interested in how the bag looks. I just felt like bringing it up.


Opening the bag up reveals this small jumble of pieces, 110 in total, along with the instructions, of course. 


And buried amongst the rubble were these two minifigures; a father and daughter combo, with dad hanging ornaments on the tree and his daughter ready to rip into her presents.

While the tree is the highlight of this set, I must say I really enjoyed the four wrapped presents and the toy train. I'll definitely be using these items to flesh out my Christmas scene later on. And the ladder is an ingenious build, utilizing two brown fence pieces held together by a couple of hinge plates.

As for the build itself, it's relatively easy and straightforward, being that it's just a tad over 100 pieces. But watching the tree come together was neat. I also loved the use of the 3-bladed technic rotor to flesh out the tree and make it sturdy.


So being that this is such a simple build, I don't really have much more to say than this makes for a great small Lego set that you can keep for yourself, or give out as stocking stuffers to friends. I might not go out of my way for them, since I already have one, but if I happen to find myself at a Toys R Us, I may be picking up a few more.


No comments:

Post a Comment