Monday, November 17, 2014

Finally... Lego Rocket Raccoon

After months of thinking I would never get this figure, and about a month of not knowing when I could get this figure, Lego's Rocket Raccoon Minifigure is finally out...

Only at Toys R Us :(
Although I'm still not sure I should have this...

I never saw anything official about this release. There were rumors spreading around the web that it would be available on November 16 at Toys R Us, still wasn't clear if it was something to be purchased, or a give away after buying X amount of Lego.

So after a night of drinking, I woke up at the crack of 8:30 to go out and see if I could get my grubby little hands on my furry little friend.

And I did!

After speaking with a manager, he mysteriously produced one from the back and disappeared into the store never to be seen again...

So without further ado,

Pieces!
And stickers!
For $4.99, you get the 12 pieces that make up Rocket and Baby Groot and this fancy sticker sheet for the Milano Spaceship.

And since there really isn't anything more than the pieces needed to build a minifigure and a weapon, here's the final product.

Studly... see what I did there?
Queue The Jackson 5
I'm not gonna bother reviewing this figure since it's pretty cut and dry. If you're a fan of the Guardians, or you picked up the GotG sets and were disappointed that Rocket wasn't rocking his Guardians costume (like I was), you're gonna want to pick this guy up. It's kinda dinky to only get one minifigure for $4.99, but considering the Collectible Minifigures retail for between $2-3.99, and you know what you're getting out of the bag, it's well worth it.

And one more thing, this cracked me up

Marvel Kids... right...
Lego knows this was made for the adult collectors in mind... and I don't mind that at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment