Wednesday, November 19, 2014

The Camper Van Begins: Why this write up is taking so damn long

**Just an Update on the status of my blog: I know I haven't been updating as frequently as I'd like, but combine getting sick with things being hectic all around and I just haven't been able to find the time or the will to post regularly. But I do plan on having my review for the T1 Camper Van up by the end of this week (which may be a futile effort since it was released over three years ago, but it's a set I've wanted on my blog and on my shelf for a while). And with the holiday's ramping up, in the coming weeks I'll be focusing on the more festive Lego sets, such as Santa's Workshop, the 2014 Advent Calendar, a few smaller sets that I've picked up, so stay tuned**




As some of you may know, I've been pining for the Lego Volkswagen T1 Camper Van for quite a while. I don't have a connection to the van, and apart from the five minutes I spent inside one in highschool (don't ask), I feel like I haven't seen one since. But that's alright, cause it looks cool as hell.

So I bought the thing, got super excited when I decided to build it... and got super discouraged when I emptied the box and saw this.

Bags... so many bags...

I just didn't have time to sort through the pieces when I first opened the box, so I set it aside until the time was right and finally started opening bags and dealing with the joy that Lego had bestowed upon me. Sorting through 1300+ pieces is a pain in the ass, no doubt about that. But after about three hours (with a lunch break and trying to keep an inquisitive kindergartner at bay), I managed to turn this...

Unorganization!

Into this...

Organization!

Hooray!

Then the fun started, and several hours later, I ended up with this beauty.

B E A Utiful
Check back next time to see how she looks on the inside, and let me tell you, I'm very impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment