Friday, July 25, 2014

Vinnie's Weekly Haul: July 24, 2014

I usually make my weekly comic shop run on Thursdays, so I decided to do a little showcase of the comics and collectibles I picked up. 



This was a fairly light comic week for me. Not that it matters, I've got a stack of comics on my desk at least 50 deep that I need to work through. But don't worry, I'll get there.

Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo bring their Batman: Zero Year storyline to a close, which I'm sure will be fantastic, as Snyder hasn't written anything less than stellar when it comes to Batman. We also celebrated Batman Day on Wednesday, commemorating his first appearance in Detective Comics 27. So of course I picked up a few bat titles.


A couple other notable releases are Wonder Woman 33, marking the beginning of the end of Brian Azzarelo's run on the title. I'm interested in seeing how Dan Slott tie's Amazing Spider-Man into the Original Sin storyline. I also picked up Afterlife with Archie 6 digitally, which is an amazing yet creepy read. Roberto Aguirre Sacasa is absolutely crushing it with his zombie meets Archie tale.

I picked up a new statue this week, a Green Arrow minibust based on Jim Lee's artwork.


I'm pretty happy with the purchase. The colors are vibrant and the piece itself is well painted. Giving it a flatter color scheme would bring it closer to how Arrow is portrayed in his comic series, and I would've loved if the figure was hooded, but that's nitpicking. 

But most importantly, he'll look great next to my Hawkeye and Taskmaster statues. Archers FTW!

And to round out the week, of course I bought Lego.


I wasn't expecting these newer Star Wars sets to be out until August 1st, but thanks to Lego's penchant for soft roll outs, the Lego Store had these in stock. I'll be reviewing these sets in the coming weeks, so keep an eye out.

So that's it as far as what I spent my money on this week. Hope y'all enjoyed :P





No comments:

Post a Comment